Sunday, December 28, 2008

Scooter Fun ...

On Saturday we went over to the school where my dad teaches and gave our new scooters a go. There is a long carpeted hallway that was perfect for some scooter fun. Abby hadn't had a chance to ride her birthday scooter, Morgan was excited to try her new electric scooter, and Wyatt was set to ride his Uncle Bracken's scooter!

Morgan did a great job of learning to ride, but it went a lot faster than we thought it would. The instructions said the max speed was 10mph, but I think it may have even been faster.
Look at Abby's hair flying as she tries to keep up with Morgan. That scooter can fly. I think I need to get more pretective geer before Morgan hits the streets.


Abby loved her new pink scooter. She scooted up and down the hallway so much, she fell asleep at 6:30 that night and slept for 14 hours straight.
Wyatt had an absolute blast on Bracken's scooter. I was amazed at his coordination for only being 26 months old. He was so glad to be included in the action.
Abby and Wyatt even tried to ride the same scooter at one point. It was such a fun time.
Tracy and I took Wyatt for a few rides on the electric scooter, and this was his reaction when we made him get off. I think we are in trouble when it comes to motorized vehicles and this kid. He is a dare-devil just like his dad. The faster it goes, the better it is for him.
Some cousins even joined in on the fun. This is Ryker sporting his new skates santa brought him. His smile says it all when it comes to the fun he had!
Here I am trying to teach Andrea how to ride the scooter, or should I say, I am trying to keep up with Andrea. That thing can really move.
Most of the adults had to give the electric scooter a go. This is my sister Megan cruising down the hall. Her smile is almost as big as Ryker's. I have to confess that I did as many laps as anyone. Where were these things when I was a kid?

8 comments:

Nat said...

LOVE IT! When's my turn???

Caroline said...

Now I know what I should have asked for from Santa. It looks like you all had a great time on the scooter. Lova ya!!

Mattsmom said...

That thing is AWESOME! I seriously have so many pics of Matthew looking just like Wyatt does after you took him off the electric scooter. Our sons are made from the same motorized vehicle loving mold!

Kelly said...

I can't imagine your brother Bracken being called uncle Bracken. It just sounds so funny, and old. Are we seriously that old?!

Linds said...

How fun! That reminds me when I took my yellow car over to the school to drive it, and Megan took her scooter. Good memories! We always need access to the high school I think!

'T' said...

thanks for the fun memory for andrea. xo

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

That was a fun day, I love the picture of Wyatt crying, he is such a cutie! you better watch out,he will be riding that scooter on is own! Miss you guys!

Linds said...

Kate your kids look like they had a perfect CHristmas. That will be one they'll remember. Ryker's skates are wicked! And Meg, you look like a babe with your wind in your hair! A little tall for the thing, but still a babe!