Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hangin' with the Atwoods...

We had the awesome opportunity to spend some time over the 24th of July weekend with my sister Megan and her family in Lehi, UT. They are definitely the hostest with the mostest. Here are some of the highlights from our wonderful family vacation.

They took us up American Fork canyon to see some of the beautiful sights and to enjoy a picnic in the mountains. The kids loved playing in the creek.




My cute mom and dad...
Chase adored being outside!
My family...
Megan's beautiful family...
Another highlight was the trip to Cabellas. Tracy loved showing our kids how to shoot in the gun range. The kids loved picking out their favorite kind of fudge to share.



Chase was hungry, but decided Cabellas was more exciting than lunch!
The pool at Megan's townhouse complex was the favorite part of the trip for the kids. They swan every day!
Abby...
Wyatt...

Morgan...

My sister Megan rocks the pool. She is a hard-core swimmer (as noted by the swim cap.) She took swimming lessons this summer and taught me some of her sweet skills.
Here is proof of me actually swimming with my face in the water (don't die of a heart attack Shelb!)
Morgan was quite a good swim coach too. She can swim circles around her mom though!
Ryker had a blast with his cousins. Here he is jumping in the pool!
Mom and Bridger enjoying the sunshine, soaking their toes.

Megan also took us to an indoor amusement park called Jungle Jims. The looks on my kids faces says it all...


\


Chase rode on his first ride -- the merry-go-round! He didn't quite know what to think.
Chase was such a trouper through all of our adventures. He was a perfect little angel.

Thanks Megan for an awesome time that my family will cherish forever! You and Shawn rock!

5 comments:

Sarah Owens said...

Man you guys had a great time.....I have to say I am a little jealous.

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

We had such a blast with you guys! I hope it becomes your yearly tradition every 24th! Great job on swimming:) and Happy Birthday!

P.S. it looks like i have a tumor on my leg in the picture I am swimming....either that or a wicked awesome quad muscle:)

Nat said...

Looks like a fantastic time! I wish I could have been there! Happy Birthday, Kate!

Linds said...

Katie! Youre a photo phool! Awesome pictures! I love the one of Trace and the kids in the pool, especially Wy!

Kelly said...

Yep, we should have gone swimming! I hate putting my face in the water. I pretty much dislike a lot of things about swimming. Except when you can find that perfect balance of cooling off with part of your body in the pool, but the other part of your body warm from the sun! Glad you had fun!