Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year to Remember!!

Our friends Troy and Tawna hosted a New Year's Eve party at their house. It was rocka-lockin'. They started the evening off by showcasing some of their sweet skills. I am so jealous. I can only dream about being this flexible.


All I can say is OUCH! They don't even have to stretch. Troy and Tawna, you guys rock!

We played some serious games. It is a tradition to have a Mexican Horseshoe tournament. I am pleased to say that Tracy and I brought home the Horseshoe trophy. Matt and Carin came in a very close second, but we triumphed in the end! We stayed up way too late, and played every game in the book. It was a great night, with great friends, and great food.
Tracy's sister Amber invited us to her house for New Year's Day for some more good food, good games, and lots of good times. Wyatt was excited to play with his cousin Preston. They loved the four-wheeler, I know it's hard to imagine.
Morgan and Abby bunked up with cousins Kaden, Josh, and Ally for the movie, "Night at the Museum." Abby thought it was a little scary -- can you tell by the look she is giving me?

We played some fun games. I won't name any names, but I didn't know spoons could turn violent. Here are some pictures of us playing Guestures. What a great time!


Amber and Carlan broke out the dance mats for the PlayStation. I never would have guessed, but Tracy and Carlan schooled everybody with their amazing dance skills. Tracy was pulling out moves I have never seen before. I think he is considering being a contestant on "So You Think You Can Dance."

What a wonderful start to the new year. Good times with good friends and family. We love all you guys!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks fun! I would love to see your dance skills!

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

That couple has some sweet split skills! Lucky! That dance game looks way fun, I wanna try! Glad you had a good time!

Mattsmom said...

This post makes me SO sad that we had to miss the party. I am glad you posted pics though...and I am glad that you had a good time!

'T' said...

I didn't know Tracy could dance! Can't wait to see him on dancing with the stars... So would he be the star or the guest?

Shelby said...

Looks like you had a fun New Year's!! Also Kate, you look hot in your sweatsuit, I love that color!! Yeah!

carin t said...

The splits look as painful in photo as in real life! I still don't know how they do it. Good times! I need to catch up with you on blogging - you're the blogging queen now!

Margaret said...

When I pointed out the red eye I'm rockin in the pictures of Guesstures Brett told me 'now everyone will know how evil you are.' So thanks for posting how even I am via your blog.

Also thanks that I'm not in any DDR pictures. I'm sure the look on my face would truely have looked evil in those pictures.

Caroline said...

You got some good pictures (except the one of me). I like the one of you and Tracy dancing. You both were good. I guess I will just have to practice more.

The Figueroas said...

Hey looks like you had fun I had fun with you guys and I know the SPLITS OUCH I am getting closer but man it looks like they would be in PAIN You will have to send me and my family those pictures if you have our EMAIL if not you will have to call us.
SEE YOU GUYS
MICHAELA